Valentine’s Day Action
How can we embed love in the structures and institutions of our societies this Valentine’s Day? Here are five small ideas.
1. Put your money where your mouth is – if you buy chocolates for someone special, choose organic and fair trade.
2. Enlarge the space of your tent – write a letter to your political representative advocating a more humane and compassionate response to asylum seekers.
3. Where there is conflict, sow love – make a donation to an organization that provides education for respectful relationships or assists survivors of domestic violence.
4. Share the love with the rest of creation – switch to renewable sources of energy as much as you can.
5. Make love not war – send a solidarity message to those who are opposing the construction of a naval base on Jeju Island.