New Year’s Resolutions for Peace
How can we accept the gift and the task of peace this year? Here are ten small actions to consider – feel free to add your own …
1. Encourage the idealism of a young person in your life.
2. Listen attentively to the concerns of a person or group with whom you disagree.
3. Welcome a stranger in your community, school or workplace.
4. Forgive someone.
5. Ask forgiveness of someone.
6. Take time to nurture your sense of the transcendent.
7. Hold yourself accountable to the same standards that you set for others.
8. Start a conversation with someone whose way of being and living differs from your own.
9. Set yourself one task to pursue for future generations – and pursue it.
10. Give thanks for truth, beauty and love wherever you find it.