Action Against Trafficking in Persons
Trafficking in persons is an affront to the dignity of all people. Here are some simple things that we can do about it:
– buy fair trade products. Organisations like Fair Trade Australia New Zealand can help you locate sellers of fair trade products near you.
– support action against trafficking taken by religious institutes for example the Australian Catholic Religious Against Trafficking in Humans
– donate to services that assist victims of trafficking in your own country and beyond
– support programs that reduce poverty and build livelihoods for vulnerable groups to reduce their risk of becoming victims of trafficking
– encourage your faith community to celebrate the Feast of St Josephine Bakhita
– find out about the Global Freedom Network