How can we embed love in the structures and institutions of our societies this Valentine’s Day? Here are five small ideas.
1. Put your money where your mouth is – if you buy chocolates for someone special, choose organic and fair trade.
2. Enlarge the space of your tent – write a letter to your political representative advocating a more humane and compassionate response to asylum seekers.
3. Where there is conflict, sow love – make a donation to an organization that provides education for respectful relationships or assists survivors of domestic violence.
4. Share the love with the rest of creation – switch to renewable sources of energy as much as you can.
5. Make love not war – send a solidarity message to those who are opposing the construction of a naval base on Jeju Island.